1. Combine all ingredients except for margarine and jam. Knead well, about seven minutes. Add margarine and knead two to three minutes. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes to one hour.
2. Divide dough into two parts. Sprinkle plenty of flour onto working surface. Roll out dough to 1/4″ thickness.
3. Using a fine glass (2 and 3/4 inch diameter), slightly mark circles of half the dough. Do not cut through.
4. Place 1/3 teaspoon apricot jam onto each circle. Fold second half of dough over jam-filled dough. Judging by little lumps of jam, press down glass and cut through to form automatically-sealed donuts! Cover with dish towel and let rise for 15-20 minutes. Repeat with second half of dough.
5. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Dust with confectioner’s sugar.