1. For almond brittle, place sugar in a small saucepan.
2. Over medium-low heat, slowly begin to caramelize the sugar. (It will first begin to turn into a liquid and then slowly begin to change to a caramel color.)
3. For best results, just watch the sugar and do not stir the mixture (even though it’s tempting).
4. As soon as the sugar has turned a light caramel color, remove from flame and stir in the ground nuts.
5. Mix thoroughly and pour mixture onto a prepared piece of silver foil.
6. Allow to cool.
7. Break the brittle into large pieces.
8. Place in a food processor with “s” blade or in a blender and pulse until it becomes a fine powder.
9. Pour the powdered brittle over the frozen ice cream.
10. Return to freezer.