– When changing up the flavor, omit the orange zest.
– For mocha-flavored chocolate cake, replace the juice with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon coffee, and 1/4 teaspoon coffee dissolved in three tablespoons water and one teaspoon coffee liqueur.
– For pineapple-coconut flavor, use pineapple juice and piña colada liqueur, and skip the garnish.
– For a double chocolate experience, replace the liqueur with chocolate liqueur and use soy milk in place of all the juice. Alternately, using crème de cassis or chocolate-mint liqueur in place of the chocolate liqueur gives it a whole different dimension.
– You can also add almond flavor by replacing all juice with soy milk and adding a teaspoon of almond extract. Put in some amaretto liqueur for additional flavor. Skip the garnish if desired.
– You get the idea — the sky’s the limit!
Food and Prop Styling by Goldie Stern
Food Prep and Consultant by Chaya Surie Goldberger
Photography by Felicia Perretti