1. Heat skillet on medium heat add oil and sauté onions until lightly golden, about 15-20 minutes.
2. Add chopped garlic and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add carrots and kohlrabi.
4. Let sauté for four minutes and then add the shredded chicken.
5. Add salt and black pepper.
6. Add ginger (and splash of soy sauce if using). Mix to combine well.
7. Add chicken broth and keep mixing till the soup is absorbed and veggies are tender, about three to four minutes.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool five minutes.