1. Score the tomatoes by making an X mark on the root end with a paring knife.
2. In a new pot, bring the red wine vinegar, kosher salt, granulated sugar, and water to a boil. Take off the heat and add the ice to cool and dilute the pickle.
3. After 24 hours the pickled tomatoes are ready. Serve the tomatoes with sea salt, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, and additional fresh rosemary.
4. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Also prepare an ice bath. Blanch the tomatoes for 40 to 60 seconds than place them into the ice bath to stop the cooking. Peel the loosened skins from the tomatoes, starting at the score marks (The skins should peel easily.)
5. Place the peeled tomatoes in an airtight mason jar. Add the rosemary to the jar, then pour in the pickling liquid until the tomatoes are covered. Seal the jar and place it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.