1. Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry.
2. Place upside down in a nine- by 13-inch (20- by 30-centimeter) baking pan and sprinkle half the lemon juice on top. Flip fillets over and sprinkle with remaining lemon juice.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and allow to marinate for about 10 minutes. Drain the lemon juice from the pan.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
5. While the fish is marinating, prepare the pesto by combining all the ingredients, mixing well. Make sure the frozen cubes have fully defrosted so that the herbs are evenly distributed.
6. Spread about one to one and a half tablespoons of pesto over each salmon fillet.
7. Place tomato halves in a bowl and toss with olive oil and salt. Top each fillet with a spoonful of tomatoes, dividing evenly among all four fillets.
8. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake fish for 10–12 minutes.
9. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle each fillet with a handful of pine nuts.
10. Return to oven and turn to broil setting. Broil for an additional four to five minutes.
11. Best served warm or at room temperature.