1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer, combine margarine with both sugars on medium speed. Reduce speed to low and add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla and pumpkin puree. Beat until well mixed, about one minute.
4. Add flour mixture gradually, until just combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, place balls of dough on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
6. Bake for six minutes, then remove from the oven and press down with a non-slotted spatula to flatten. Bake for another nine minutes, until golden. Let cool.