1. Heat two tablespoons oil in a large pot. Smear the crushed garlic all over the veal roast. In a small bowl, mix the flour, paprika, and salt, and coat the veal with the mixture.
2. Add the veal to the pot and sear it for about a minute on all sides.
3. Remove the veal from the pot. Add two more tablespoons of oil to the pot and sauté the onions, mushrooms, and peppers for two to three minutes. Add wine and marinara sauce and return veal to the pot.
4. Bring to a boil and lower heat. Cover the pot and cook for two hours, checking every half-hour to ensure that there’s still enough liquid in the pot. (There should only be enough liquid to cover vegetables.) If it looks like it’s boiling out, add some more wine, sauce, or even some chicken soup stock.
5. Cook until the veal’s internal temperature reaches 145–160 degrees Fahrenheit (63–71 degrees Celsius).