1. Mix the marinade ingredients in a baking dish or a mixing bowl (water, tamari or soy sauce, vinegar, syrup) until well combined. Add the diced tofu and let it marinate, covered in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. If you let it marinate longer, it will have a more intense flavor.
2. Strain the tofu, but don’t discard the liquid.
3. Sautée the tofu in a frying pan until golden brown.
4. Prepare tofu as instructed above. Sautè mushrooms with a bit of oil and a dash of salt.
5. Prepare edamame according to package directions.
6. Once all cooled, layer two to three tablespoons of the dressing in the bottom of the jar. Continue layering the first three ingredients. Fill rest of the jar with tightly packed spinach, or any lettuce of choice. Top with tofu, sesame seeds, and optional almonds.