Tender and sweet chicken browned to perfection in a delicious sauce.
Prepare the Sauce
1. Add sugar, soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, and red pepper to a pot over low heat. Bring to a boil and dissolve sugar.
1. After preparing sauce, lower flame. Place chicken into pot and cover with a lid. Set timer to 20 minutes. When it goes off, flip each piece, cover, and cook another 20 minutes. Flip again and set timer for 10 minutes. Flip and cook another 10 minutes on the other side.
1. Wet a small bowl or container and fill with rice. Turn upside down onto your serving plate, creating a dome of rice.
2. Arrange chicken pieces and garnish with sesame seeds.
3. Thinly slice scallions on the diagonal and sprinkle over. Enjoy!