1. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions and sauté over a medium heat until golden brown.
2. If using garlic, mince and add five minutes before the end. Remove from heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
3. Add water and flour to create a stuffing consistency. Adjust quantities if necessary. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Place a heaping tablespoon of stuffing under the skin of the chicken and place in a large roasting pan (or two).
5. When finished with all the chicken pieces, sprinkle with garlic powder and paprika or spices of your choice. Cover and place in freezer until ready to bake.
6. When you bake the chicken, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
7. Place frozen chicken, very well covered (I use a double layer of aluminum foil or a layer of Gefen Easy Baking Parchment Paper and a layer of aluminum foil tightly sealed) in the oven and bake for four hours.
Stuffing the chicken while it’s fresh, freezing it, and baking it frozen yields an incredibly soft chicken.