1. Place meat cubes into a large bowl. Add potato starch, one teaspoon salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
2. Heat one tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add meat to pan and sear about a minute per side, until browned. Put meat into the slowcooker.
3. Heat remaining oil in pan; add onions and remaining one teaspoon salt. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions start to brown, about five to eight minutes. Add onions
4. Add all the vegetables, parsley, garlic, ginger, wine, juice, and tomato paste to the slow-cooker. Add about two cups of water, enough to cover the vegetables about three-quarters of the way up. Add potato starch and water mixture, then stir to combine.
5. Cook on low for six to eight hours (or on high for four to six hours), until meat is tender and soft. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
If you won’t have time in the morning, you can prep this the night before. Prepare the stew fully, then place slow-cooker insert in fridge. Just before leaving your house, put it into the slowcooker and turn on.