No, that was not a typo. Cinnamon buns in a slow cooker are a thing—they are so good, and the texture is perfect! Because they bake slowly, the texture is extra buttery and delicious.
Note: According to my rav, cinnamon buns made in a fleishig slow cooker are considered pareve items baked in fleishig keilim.
Yield: 10–12 buns
Prepare the Dough
1. In a large bowl, mix the yeast and water together. Add sugar, margarine, and egg and mix well. Add flour and knead for two to three minutes, until a nice dough forms. Do not over-knead since the dough will get tough.
2. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
Shape and Cook
1. Sprinkle flour on the counter and roll out the dough into a large rectangle.
2. Drizzle oil, sugar, confectioners’ sugar, and cinnamon on the dough. Roll up jelly-roll style.
3. Spray slow cooker with oil spray and line with Gefen Parchment Paper.
4. Cut the rolls into one-and-a-half-inch pieces and place in the slow cooker.
5. Bake on low for three to four hours. Keep an eye on it, since different slow cookers need different amounts of time.
6. In a bowl, combine icing ingredients. Drizzle over warm cinnamon buns.