1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Fill a large pot with water. Add potatoes. Bring to a boil, then lower flame to medium heat and continue boiling for 20–30 minutes or potatoes are until fork tender.
3. Drain potatoes and allow to cool for five minutes.
4. Spray a baking sheet with oil spray. Place potatoes on sheet. Using the bottom of a mug or glass, smash each potato until flat. (If potatoes are big, you can cut them in half and then smash.)
5. Drizzle each potato with one teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with a nice amount of salt, a little pepper, and garlic powder.
6. Roast for 25–35 minutes, until crispy and brown on the bottom.
7. While potatoes are roasting, place avocado, garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper in a food processor fitted with the S-blade. Process until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl if needed.
8. Using a piping bag, drizzle avocado sauce on each smashed potato.
9. Garnish with chopped parsley.