1. If you are going to roast the ribs rather than BBQ them, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius 400 Degree celsius.
2. Place all the ingredients for the basting sauce into a pot and heat through. As the sauce starts to boil, remove it from the heat.
3. Remove any visible fat from the ribs (a lot of the fat does cook out during the cooking process).
4. Paint the breasts with the sauce and bake, uncovered, in the oven until crispy. This normally takes 40 – 45 minutes. Watch them carefully as you don’t want them to burn.
5. Remember the ribs are basically cooked, as they have already been cooked and smoked. They simply need to be heated through and crisped. These lamb breasts are just as delicious basted and cooked on the barbeque or braai as we call it in South Africa.