1. Sauté the onion in oil until it browns. Add the tomatoes and cook for a while on a low flame. Add the chicken, cover the pot, and steam for a few minutes.
2. Dissolve the seasonings in some boiling water and pour over the chicken. Add more boiling water to the pot until it’s three-fourths full.
3. Add the chickpeas and all the vegetables (except pumpkin). Bring to a boil and cook on a medium-low heat for about an hour and a half.
4. Add the pumpkin and cook another 15 minutes till it softens.
5. Serve the vegetables, with a miniimal amount of broth, over couscous.