The secret of this delicious dish is in the plating. The salmon is decorated with vegetables and flowers and is sure to elicit compliments from your guests. And if you’re not out to impress, the fish is delicious by itself as well!
Prepare the Salmon
1. In a small saucepan, melt the sugar into a caramel.
2. Carefully add the soy sauce and water and cook for about 30 minutes until slightly thickened.
3. Add the garlic, honey, silan, and chili sauce and cook for about 15 minutes.
4. Place the salmon pieces in a baking dish and pour the sauce over them. Bake for about 10 minutes in an oven heated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Arrange the salmon cubes in a semi-circle on each plate. Garnish with greens, radishes and edible flowers, and serve immediately.
Before baking, the salmon cubes can be placed on skewers and served that way. Alternatively, the fillets can be served whole, but then they will require 12 minutes in the oven.