These aren’t just meatballs, they are spicy meatballs with the perfect amount of heat. Enjoy them for dinner or stick a toothpick in each one and serve it as an appetizer. These work for Passover and year-round.
1. Combine meatballs ingredients together to form about 16 meatballs and set aside.
2. In a large pot (five-to-seven-quart), add the oil and set the flame to medium heat, add the shallots and sauté.
3. Add the chopped chili peppers, diced bell peppers, lemon juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper and mix.
4. Place the meatballs in the pot then add the tomato sauce.
5. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower to simmer and cook for one hour.
Sponsored by Tuscanini.
Photography and Styling by Chay Berger.