1. Place all the dough ingredients in the order listed into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for an hour. (It’s okay if it doesn’t rise that much.)
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
3. Divide the dough into three pieces. Roll each piece into a large disk about a quarter-inch (one centimeter) thick. Smear generously with oil. Sprinkle half a cup of confectioners’ sugar on each disk. Sprinkle each one lightly with one tablespoon espresso powder. Drizzle lightly with some maple syrup and spread the nougat chips evenly.
4. Cut the dough into wedges as you would a pizza, and roll each triangle up from the wider end to form rugelach. Place on a cookie sheet lined with Gefen Parchment Paper. Brush generously with maple syrup. (Alternatively, you can dip each one in maple syrup before you put it onto the cookie sheet.)
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.