1. Preheat the oven to 375F and spray a 9 by 13 pan.
2. Slice up the onion in thin half rings. Layer on the bottom of the pan.
3. Open up a can of mushrooms, pour them onto the onions, spreading them across the pan.
4. Place chicken skin side up on top of the mushrooms and onions. (I like separating the “pulke” from the thigh part at this point, as I can squeeze more pieces into the pan, and it’s also much easier to serve by the meal.)
5. Using a 7-oz plastic cup as your “measuring cup”, pour olive oil into the cup until its about 1/3 full. Sprinkle paprika into the oil, and then pour the onion soup mix into the cup as well until it is almost full.
6. Using a pastry brush, gently mix the 3 ingredients until it forms a smooth color and texture. Brush the mixture over the chicken, making sure each piece gets coated.
7. Cover tightly and bake for one and a half to two hours, depending on how much time you have or on your family’s preferences.