1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a skillet, sauté the onion in the oil for five minutes. Add the sweet potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for five to six minutes. Cover and continue cooking for five minutes (don’t open the pan). Mix and test one cube to make sure they are slightly soft.
3. Add the pastrami cubes, apricot jam, soy sauce, and parsley flakes.
4. Sauté to one to two minutes, stirring until all ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Defrost the dough for five to eight minutes. Using a rolling pin, roll out one sheet at a time into a 10-inch circle. Using a four-inch round cookie cutter, cut out four circles.
6. Place one tablespoon filling into the center of each circle. Fold dough in half and pinch ends close. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can cut the dough into four parts and fold each triangle in half.
7. Brush with beaten egg. Bake for 20 minutes or until bottoms are just golden.
8. When re-warming in the oven, keep uncovered to prevent the pockets from becoming soggy.