1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onions, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until softened but not browned, about three minutes.
2. Add garlic, oregano, rosemary, and dried red pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about one minute.
3. Add tomato paste and stir until combined. Add wine and cook until wine has reduced by half, then add stock, beans with liquid, and Parmesan rind (if using).
4. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a bare simmer, and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Remove about four cups of soup with vegetables and beans and use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Alternatively, use immersion blender in the whole soup and puree partially, being careful to leave most of the beans and vegetables in chunks.
6. Return pureed soup to the pot and stir to combine. Add kale and stir. Cover and cook for five more minutes. Add salt.
7. Ladle into bowls, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, and serve with crusty toasted bread.