1. Combine all ingredients for the streusel and set aside.
2. Combine all of the ingredients for the batter in the order that they appear; beat well after each addition. Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together before adding them to the mixture.
3. Once combined, pour half of the batter carefully over the grated apples and pear. Sprinkle the streusel filling evenly over the batter. Carefully pour the rest of the batter on top of the streusel and smooth top.
4. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes.
5. Hold a plate against the top of the pan and flip over. Peel away the parchment paper.