1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pudding mix, and salt.
2. In the bowl of a mixer, place oil and sugars and beat together. Add egg and yolk and mix until incorporated and mixture is slightly thickened. Add vanilla extract.
3. Pour in dry ingredients and mix together well. Gently mix in the chocolate chips. Add the Lotus cookies and pulse just until incorporated, with chunks remaining. Place dough in the fridge for one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius).
5. Using a medium scoop, shape cookies and place on a cookie sheet lined with Gefen Parchment Paper.
6. Bake for 12 to 12 and 1/2 minutes or until set. Cool before transferring to a container or bag. These cookies freeze well.
I love the flavor and crunch that the Lotus cookies provide, but you can sub the cookie of your choice, i.e. Oreos. You can use different flavors of chips, and add sprinkles if desired.