1. Place the veal breast, fat-side down, on a large cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Use a meat mallet to pound the veal down to an even thickness, focusing on the thicker parts. Alternatively, ask your butcher to butterfly the veal breast.
2. In a food processor, combine parsley, rosemary, cilantro, fennel fronds or tarragon, garlic, shallot, lemon zest, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper and pulse to combine. Pour in oil and pulse until finely chopped.
3. Spread the herb paste over veal, then roll veal tightly, forming a log. Tie with kitchen string at two-inch intervals. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for six to eight hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Unwrap veal and transfer to a large roasting pan or sheet pan. Season with additional salt and pepper and roast for two to two-and-a-half hours.
5. Transfer veal to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.