1. Heat a waffle iron. Meanwhile, make the buttermilk: Combine lemon juice and milk in a bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes or until curdled.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
3. Once milk has curdled, add eggs and melted butter. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Ladle into a hot waffle iron.
4. When waffles have cooked and cooled, place ice cream in between two waffle pieces. Freeze until firm.
5. Dip one edge of the sandwich into melted chocolate and then immediately into a topping of your choice. Freeze until firm.