1. Heat butter and olive oil for the topping in a large skillet.
2. Add onion and sauté for five to six minutes. Add garlic and sauté two more minutes. Add mushrooms and continue sautéing for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Add seasonings and stir.
4. Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (260 degrees Celsius). Line a pizza pan with Gefen Parchment Paper. Spray with cooking spray.
5. Roll out dough to fit the pan, crimping the edges with your fingers to form a rim. Bake for five to seven minutes. Remove from oven.
6. Smear lightly with butter (it will melt into the crust). Spread with ricotta cheese and top with the onion-mushroom mixture. Return to the oven.
7. After five minutes, remove the pan from the oven and add the shredded cheese. Return to the oven for another eight to 10 minutes. If the cheese browns too quickly, cover the top loosely with parchment paper.