1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Remove the dough from the fridge and let it rest at room temperature for a few minutes. Divide the dough in half and roll each half to a nice size rectangle. This should be done on Gefen Parchment Paper to facilitate transferring it to the baking pan afterwards.
3. Place half of the filling down the center. Then make one-inch (two- and- a – half-cm) horizontal cuts into each side of dough. Fold each cut towards the center (over the cheese filling), alternating sides, one by one, diagonally, to form a braid.
4. You may then let the cheese braids rise again for half an hour before baking.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. You can egg it before baking (I did) and sprinkle a streusel topping if you’d like, or you can glaze it after baking.
6. Cool and store in the fridge.