1. For the matbucha: Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil for two to three minutes in a large skillet set over medium heat.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and lower heat to low.
3. Allow to cook for another 30–45 minutes, then remove from flame.
4. Turn oven on high broil or 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) convection.
5. Scoop the seeds out of the zucchini halves and lay on a baking sheet.
6. Broil for 15 minutes or until the zucchini starts to turn golden brown.
7. Fill zucchini with matbucha before serving, or for Friday night, before placing on the hot plate.