It is well accepted that the battlefield is not only happening in Israel, but in all our lives, with this war acting as a parable for the internal introspection every Jew must perform.
That being said, there is no question that Israel is getting hit the hardest in a physical way.
With the tension of everything anti-Israel and anti-Jewish that is going on, many of us can’t help but feel a restless energy to do something, to make a difference, to show that we will not back down. On the contrary, we will unite stronger.
Yet, being far away from Israel, we struggle with how to use this newfound sense of mission. How do we help our fellow brothers and sisters?
Every action we take, be it challah bakes, big donations, or even just shopping, can be done with the proper mindset. Maybe it is possible to make a difference even with the small mundane ways we purchase our groceries or even our presents for Chanukah? Maybe we can try to have in mind to buy from Israeli companies and sellers. It can be in the small ways that we tell our Israeli family, “You are always on our minds. We have not forgotten about you. We will always be there for you.”
1. Now that winter is here, we can expect cold, rainy weather, and maybe even some snowfall. This weathertight Keter Deck Box is the perfect piece for organization of your toys and tools, as well as storage for your outdoor pillows. It doesn’t hurt that it has a sleek look that will blend into the background seamlessly.
2. Speaking of wintery weather, it is time to bake with all the warmth and spice we can. Pereg’s Pumpkin Spice mix is just the shaker you need to take your coffee to the next level, or your baked goods to seasonal excellence.
4. And we cannot forget the beanies for the babies! These Kiddichic beanies take the trend and elevate it with the added detail of mohair. The cuteness is intense.
5. Winter season inevitably leads to Chanukah season, which means we are going to need plenty of these delicious bittersweet chocolate coins for the tremendous amount of dreidel we will be playing
6. And once you are anyways buying chocolate, we recommend throwing these Mekupelet bars into the cart (bonus: they are great to make Israeli hot chocolate dunked into a glass of hot milk!)
7. And really, once we are anyway in the chocolate mode, there is no better way to celebrate Shabbos Chanukah morning with your children then these absolutely delicious bites of Kariot cereal.
8. If you have any big tea drinkers in your family, this elegant tea box is the perfect gift for this coming Chanukah season.
9. Going away for Shabbos Chanukah? Bring this bottle of Cabernet as a hostess gift. Quality wine at affordable prices in an elegant bottle. You can’t go wrong. Buy it at your local store.
10. If you are looking for a fashionable gift for someone who covers their hair, these turbans from Rona, an Israeli designer on Etsy, are gorgeous. And there are so many designs to choose from!
11. Or maybe your gift receiver prefers jewelry. These modern, boho chic pieces from another Etsy designer are original works of art that are unique and wearable at the same time. From rings, to bracelets, to necklaces, there are literally pages of options to choose from.
12. If you are looking for something truly special to give this Chanukah, this menorah from Hazorfim is one of many options of breathtaking pieces for the mitzvah we hold so dear, to commemorate our victory against our enemies. It is a timeless investment.
13. Interested in something for your home? These mezuzahs are sharp and modern and will complete any doorpost.
14. We absolutely love this challah board. It is modern, clean, and even has a little well for the salt.
15. Last but not least, when we saw this mug, we couldn’t not include it in the roundup. Who is looking for a “Cool Dad” mug this Chanukah season?
Do you enjoy buying other Israeli products? Want to spread the word about your own Israeli-based company? Feel free to share in the comments below!