It’s “Challah Week” here on Kosher.com, and we have so many amazing challah recipes for you to try. We have spelt challah, whole wheat challah, sweet challahs, and even savory ones. But one type we don’t have is a bread machine challah. That is until now.
Our very own Raquel Malul and her Mom Vicky Cohen (from Tahini and Turmeric), are sharing their famous and beloved challah recipe with all of you today.
It’s easy, quick, and comes out perfectly Every. Single. Time.
The Best Bread Machine Challah Recipe
1 cup of warm water
1/2 cup of oil
1/2 cup of sugar
3 teaspoons salt
5 cups of bread flour
3 teaspoons yeast (put this last on top of the the flour)
1. Put all wet ingredients into your bread machine bowl. Then add your dry ingredients- flour should go last and then yeast on top.
2. Put the dough function on your bread machine and in one and a half hours you should have a gorgeous dough.
3. Braid into three medium challahs or two large.
4. Paint with egg wash on top and let it rise for around 30 minutes more.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes.
Looking for the perfect bread machine, but don’t know which one to choose? This is the bread machine Raquel uses and recommends!