July 4th is one of those holidays that screams decor and all things Patriotic. It gives us the perfect excuse to go “red, white, and blue” in every way possible. From classic flag cakes, to red and blue fruit salads. Since July 4th is just a few days away, we wanted to bring you (and the kids) a fun holiday craft that brings this country’s colors to your BBQ table.
We call them Pretzel Sparklers! They’re nothing short of pure cuteness, are so festive, will go perfectly with anything else you’re serving, can be made into a festive centerpiece, and will occupy the kids! Can you tell how much we love these?!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 Wilton Candy Melting Pot or double boiler
White melting chocolate
Red melting chocolate
Blue melting chocolate
Red, white, and blue sprinkles
1. Start by lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place your pretzels into a large bowl for easy access. Set both aside.
2. Next, start heating your melting pot as directed on the packaging. Once warm, not hot, add your white chocolate inside to melt. Once melted, remove from “heat” and dip a pretzel rod into the melted chocolate, covering 3/4 of the pretzel. Use a spoon if pot is too shallow.
3. Place coated pretzels onto your prepared baking sheet.
4. Continue until all your pretzels are coated. (Or as many as desired.)
5. Allow your melting pot to cool, then wash and dry.
6. Preheat your pot again and melt the blue chocolate.
7. Once blue chocolate is melted, remove from “heat” and dip your white chocolate-coated pretzels into the blue chocolate, covering just half of the white. Quickly sprinkle the blue chocolate with your sprinkles. Do this right away before the chocolate dries.
8. Repeat until all pretzels are dipped into blue, and covered with sprinkles.
9. Next, melt your red chocolate, and put into a plastic piping bag or ziplock (make sure the chocolate is not too hot for bag).
10. Drizzle red chocolate over the white portion of chocolate on your pretzels.
11. Allow to dry, and enjoy!