1. In a medium size bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add all dry ingredients besides the raisins or chocolate chips. Mix with a fork or spoon.
2. Add in the mix-in of your choice. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the batter for 20-30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Spoon out tablespoon-size balls and place on a metal cookie sheet lined with Gefen Parchment Paper.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies look set. Then turn the oven off and slightly open the door of the oven. Leave cookies in the oven with the door open for half an hour. Then remove from the oven and cool at room temp before eating. Leave cookies out uncovered at room temperature.
6. Alternatively, freeze cookies in a freezer safe container or bags. Defrost on the counter.
If packing these to eat at school or work, it’s best to use a brown bag to retain crispy texture. You can pack in a ziplock bag, but the texture will become softer.