1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove dough from the refrigerator and roll it out on a well-ﬂoured surface.
3. Using an apple-shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many apple shapes as possible. You can re-roll and cut out more until the dough is ﬁnished. Remember you need an even number of apples.
4. Place dough apples on a silpat or Gefen Parchment-lined cookie sheets. Spoon a small portion of apple ﬁlling into the center of each apple shaped dough. Be sure to leave a border around the ﬁlling. Optionally, top the apple ﬁlling with caramel chips and a sprinkle of Maldon sea salt.
5. Place a second apple shaped dough on top and, using a fork, crimp the ages together to seal each pie.
6. Brush each pie with egg wash and, using a sharp knife, cut two or three vents on top of each pie. Optionally, sprinkle the top with clear crystal sugar.
7. Bake the pies for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.