1. Semi-defrost pastry dough.
2. Peel and cube apples and place in a two- to four-quart pot.
3. Add lemon juice and rest of filling ingredients to pot. Stir over low to medium heat for approximately 20 minutes. Cool.
4. Lay dough squares on a cookie sheet. Place a little more than one tablespoon of filling on each square. Fold over. Press down edges with the tines of a fork.
5. Brush with egg yolk. Bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
6. Mix glaze ingredients and drizzle over turnovers.