Blanched asparagus coated with an orange citrus vinaigrette. This fresh and light side dish is the perfect complement to a heavy holiday meal.
For the Vinaigrette
1. Zest one orange into a bowl, then in a separate bowl juice both oranges. Pour juice into a small saucepan. Over medium heat, boil the juice, until reduced and concentrated to about three tablespoons.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the shallot and vinegar. Set aside five minutes.
3. Add Dijon mustard, orange zest, and orange juice. Slowly whisk in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
For the Asparagus
1. Bring a sauté pan full of water to boil. Salt it, then add the asparagus and cook until tender, about three to four minutes. Drain, and immediately rinse under ice-cold water to stop additional cooking and retain the bright green color.
2. Pat dry with paper towels and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and pecans.
Please ask your rav how to check asparagus, which can often be infested.