1. Cut a length of plastic cling wrap and rub the center of it with a lemon wedge.
2. Slice one avocado in half and remove the pit. Peel the avocado halves and hold one half at a time, firmly but gently. With a vegetable peeler, slice super-thin slices of avocado from top to bottom, one at a time, and lay on the cling wrap, slightly overlapping, so you have a disc of avocado, about six to eight slices in total. Lightly salt the avocado.
3. Place half a teaspoon to a full teaspoon of salmon filling in the center of the avocado and pull the cling wrap off your work surface into the palm of your hand. Lightly cup your hand so the sides of the avocado come up to meet.
4. With the cling wrap, bring the avocado edges together and twist the plastic to seal the bottom edges.
5. Place sweet sauce and spicy mayonnaise on a plate. Put a crispy rice round in the center. Open your saran wrap ball (keeping the avocado sphere intact) and gently place seam-side down on the rice. Garnish with french-fried onions. Repeat with remaining rice, salmon, and avocados.
If you’re preparing this on Yom Tov, remember to cut cling wrap ahead of time!
Also, factor in that not every avocado looks as fresh as you thought it was when you bought it. In the worst-case scenerio, you have some extras for guacamole.
To make spicy mayo, mix mayonnaise, sriracha, and a drop of sesame oil. Start with a little sriracha and add more to your taste.