1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 10 (4-ounce) individual foil cups or ramekins with non-stick canola spray.
2. In a mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until it is fluffy. Next add the eggs; mix until blended.
3. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt, and mix until blended. Then, add the buttermilk and vanilla extract; blend and scrape the bowl to make sure everything is incorporated.
4. Gradually add the hot coffee to the batter, until blended. Make sure to scrape the bowl as you add ingredients to make sure everything is well blended.
5. Scoop the batter and place in the ramekins, no more than three-quarters of the way to the top.
6. Place cups on a baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes.