1. In the crock of a slow cooker, whisk together the broth, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and garlic.
2. Place the beef in the liquid and gently toss to coat. Add beef and potatoes to the crock of the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
3. Thirty minutes before serving, whisk the water and cornstarch together in a small bowl until it dissolves.
4. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker and stir well. Toss in the broccoli and baby corn and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
5. Transfer to a plate, garnish with scallions, and serve hot.