1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Grease bottom and sides of a nine-inch (20-centimeter) springform pan.
2. Chop chocolate for base into small pieces. Place in a small bowl with the margarine. Microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
3. Add in egg, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined. Mix in the flour and salt.
4. Spread brownie batter in a thin layer on the bottom of the springform pan.
5. Press 10 defrosted chocolate chip cookie dough balls flat and gently place over the brownie layer. Place the remaining defrosted chocolate chip cookie dough balls in a small pan to bake.
6. Bake both the brownie crust and the extra chocolate chip cookies for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
7. Crush or chop the two extra cookies for the garnish.