There are countless cheesecake recipes out there on the web, but not all cheesecakes are created equal. So how are you supposed to know which ones are truly delicious? Because we’ve handpicked them for you!
We’ve got something for everyone on this list. From no-bake to non-dairy, chocolatey to fruity, gluten free cheesecakes and so many more! Trust us. Each recipe is truly amazing in its own way, and we can’t wait for you try them out!
So, no matter what type of cheesecake you’re into, know that you’ll find what you’re looking for on this incredible list of 100 Best Cheesecake Recipes of All Time!
Table of Contents:
Jump to the category of cheesecake that you want, on this page:
There’s nothing quite like that classic slice of cheesecake. No frills or fuss, just a creamy filling with a thick, buttery crust. With traditional flavors like chocolate and vanilla, the recipes below are a guaranteed hit at any Shavuot gathering!
- Heavenly Cheesecake by Rivky Kleiman
This is a milk chocolate cookie dough cheesecake recipe – it has a graham cracker cheesecake crust, cookie dough filling, and a chocolate ganache topping.
- Rich Cheesecake from the Dining In Cookbook
Get a classic rich cheesecake recipe that has a special walnut addition to the classic graham cracker crust and is perfect for beginner cooks.
- Festive Light Cheesecake from the Nitra Cookbook
A light cheesecake recipe with two cheesecake crust add-ins: one with crumbled cookies and one with crushed tea biscuits and nuts.
- Best-Ever New York Style Cheesecake by Rivky KleimanThis New-York-style cheesecake recipe adds a little rich chocolate into the base and can be topped with shaved bittersweet chocolate.
- Cookie-Bottom Individual Cheesecakes by Christina Dymock
Single-serve cheesecakes are the perfect easy cheesecake recipe for Shavuot and work great for large family events or as a dessert table addition.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake by Dorit Teichman
Add a spiced cheesecake recipe to your repertoire with this scrumptious pumpkin cheesecake option that includes a surprising garnish in the form of Viennese crunch bars.
- Chocolate-Cheese Squares from the Nitra Cookbook
Cheesecake square recipes give a great finger-food cheesecake option and these incorporate cottage cheese, melted chocolate, vanilla and walnuts.
- Coffee Chocolate Cheesecake by Tamar Teitelbaum
Coffee and cheesecake are a dessert match made in heaven, and this simple recipe uses instant coffee, cream cheese, heavy cream and mini chocolate chips for the perfect flavor balance.
- Classic Vanilla Caramel Cheesecake by The Peppermill
A vanilla caramel cheesecake recipe you’ll be sure to add to your rotation: this uses unwhipped cream cheese, lemon juice, sour cream, and dulce de leche to perfect each caramel bite.
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake by Jocelyn Brubaker
Back to basics with this vanilla bean cheesecake recipe that uses vanilla flavored whipped cream and vanilla bean paste atop a vanilla wafer cookie base.
- Israeli Cheesecake by Jamie Geller
An Israeli cheesecake Jewish recipe to bake with pride: gvina levana gives a slightly tangy flavor to this beloved classic.
- The Classy Cheesecake by Renee MullerEuropean cheesecake uses farmer cheese, which is creamy but less fattening than other alternatives. Get this less sweet cheesecake recipe for a new twist on a tradition.
- Chocolate Cheesecake by Paula Shoyer
Chocolate lovers unite: from the shortbread crust to the rich dark cocoa cheesecake to the whipped cream topping, this is a crowd-pleaser.
- Mommy’s Double Crust Cheesecake by Kiki Fisher
This recipe gives you two options for your cheesecake crust – one graham cracker crust style and the other more of a standard pastry crust. Either is crunchy, buttery, cheesecake deliciousness.
- Concentric Circle Cheesecake by Clara Fatal
A cheesecake design can be anything but boring. In fact, this striped cheesecake recipe is deceptively simple to create: alternate pouring white chocolate cheesecake and dark chocolate cheesecake into the crust, and voila!
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake by Batsheva Goldstein
Kids and adults alike are going to chow down on this cookies and cream cheesecake, which features sandwich cookies for a crunch and creamy dessert.
- Cheesecake with Berry Cups by Esther Deutsch
Glicks graham cracker crust, Gefen vanilla sugar and berry sorbet with fresh berries make these individual cheesecake cups the perfect dessert to finish a Shavuot feast.
- Cheesecake Brownie Bars by KitchenArt
The best of both worlds? A creamy brownie bar may be just the ticket to provide a handheld cheesecake dessert option that tempts the palate.
- Cheesecake Squares from the Dining In Cookbook
A traditional crust and crumbly, sugary top sandwich a layer of creamy filling: these cheesecake squares are firm enough to eat with your hands and won’t last long on your table!
- Cheesecake Brownies by Estee Kafra
All the fudgy texture of a brownie with all of the creamy goodness of a cheesecake, plus the richness of dark chocolate: tap to see the full recipe.
- Mini Black-Bottom Cheesecakes by Eileen Goltz
Want a twist on a graham cracker crust? Use chocolate wafer or chocolate sandwich cookies instead and make them single-serve!
- Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins by Jocelyn Brubaker
Baked Jewish recipes are perfect for anytime of year, and the chocolate cheesecake muffins you make with this recipe are a gooey, sweet treat.
No-Bake Cheesecakes are a brilliant invention that combines those irresistible cheesecake flavors we all love without any of the work or hassle. No water bath, cracks or under-baking the recipe you worked so hard to make. But the best thing? They can be made in a fraction of the time! You seriously have to try them out.
- 3-Ingredient No-Bake Cheesecake by Naomi Elberg
No-bake cheese recipes for Shavuot and year-round are a big hit, and this three-ingredient version is a quick and easy option you’re sure to love.
- No Bake Chocolate Halva Cheesecake by Jamie Geller
A classic Israeli dessert, halva, gets infused into a cheesecake in this simple recipe that’s a great nod to tradition and a chance to flex your Jewish cooking skills.
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake by Sweet Moments by Sweets Moments: Rega Matok
Kedem tea biscuits, Elite 70% dark chocolate and low-fat cream cheese create a light, fluffy, and utterly delectable no-bake cheesecake for the whole family.
- Triple Berry No-Bake Cheesecakes by Rachel Kor
These mini no-bake cheesecakes are single-serve and berry delicious: top with fresh seasonal berries and mint leaves for a festive and bright garnish.
- No-Bake Coffee Oreo Cheesecake Jars by Richelle Tarko
A Pinterest-worthy cheesecake recipe, these Oreo cheesecakes are perfect for mingling, as they’re baked in a self-contained mini mason jar.
- Rocky Road No-Bake Cheesecake from the Dining In Cookbook
Elyon vanilla mini marshmallows, chopped peanuts, and Glicks chocolate graham cracker pie crust are just some of the unique ingredients in this stunning recipe.
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Mousse Cups by Overtime Cook
Whip up a lighter-than-air no-bake lemon mousse dessert that fits the bill for the beloved dairy Jewish holiday and satisfy any sweet tooth.
- No-Bake Cheesecake Mousse by Esther Deutsch
Tnuva soft cheese or Norman’s soft cheese are the stars of this velvety, rich and light cheesecake mousse dessert.
- Toasted Almond No-Bake Cheesecake by Victoria Dwek
For the nut-lovers among us, this crunchy, toasted almond cheesecake parfait dessert is just the right blend of textures and flavors.
- Cheesecake Mousse Cannolis by Esty Wolbe
If you want to truly uplevel your dessert recipes, these cheesecake mousse cannolis will present a delightfully doable challenge (and you can use store-bought shells and even cheesecake!).
- No-Bake Triangle Cheesecake from the Nitra Cookbook
Using a tart Jeunesse Cabernet Sauvignon, or other wine, these no-bake cheesecakes use low-fat farmer cheese and dipped biscuits to create a layered dessert.
- Cheesecake and Milky Pudding Cups by Vera Newman
Milky pudding cups are the ultimate comfort food: this recipe uses milk chocolate pudding, sandwich cookies, and a little cream to perfect the dish.
- No-Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Triﬂe by Jocelyn Brubaker
Cheesecake trifle is an epic event: this show-stopper earns its place center-stage in your Shavuot menu or as you celebrate any festival or event.
- No Bake Cheesecake Tam Tams Bites by Amy Kritzer
These no-bake cheesecake bites master the perfect ratio of crunchy crust to silky smooth cream to tart and yummy jam: plus, they’re easy to make!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Cups by Tamar Teitelbaum
Warm, spiced pumpkin cheesecake is a treat for the taste buds, and this version is whipped into a light and full mousse and served in a flute for an elegant dessert.
- Frozen Ice Cream Cheese Pie from the Nitra Cookbook
Frozen cheesecake is a wonderful way to round out a warm meal: this frozen ice cream cheesecake pie is the perfect creamy finale to a great dinner.
- Cheesecake Ice Cream Cake by Estee Kafra
With endless flavor options (use marble or lemon cookies for the crust) and plenty of tart fruit (orange juice and strawberries), this cheesecake ice cream cake will please everyone.
- Chocolate Biscuit Cheesecake by Clara Fatal
Use Bio yogurt, 5% quark cheese, heavy cream and more quality dairy ingredients to prepare this chocolate biscuit cheesecake, complete with white and milk chocolate garnishes.
- Ice Cream Cheesecake Log by Yossi and Malky Levine
Frozen cheesecake served up in slices: all made possible by this ice cream cheesecake log recipe, complete with a caramel hazelnut topping.
- Light n’ Smooth Cheesecake by Elky Friedman
Cut the fat and sugar, but none of the flavor: this light cheesecake recipe uses farmer cheese, reduced-fat cream cheese, no butter, and xylitol for a healthier option.
- Lower Fat Cheesecake by Estee Kafra
Looking for a low fat cheesecake recipe that sacrifices none of the luxury? Vanilla yogurt, 1% cottage cheese, and clever flavorings make this a great choice.
- Healthy No-Bake Cheesecake Jars (Gluten Free) by Esther Begun
Provide health-conscious Shavuot guests (or any party-goers) with a gluten-free cheesecake that is also a no-bake, healthy option with fresh fruit and a crunchy topping.
- Peaches and Cream Frozen Yogurt Cheesecake by Melinda Strauss
Peaches and cream cheesecake gets a healthy upgrade with natural sugar from maple syrup, frozen peaches, tangy Greek yogurt, and more.
- Extra Light and Smooth Cheesecake by Elky Friedman
Low-fat, plain Greek yogurt, low-fat graham crackers and low-fat cottage cheese do nothing to undermine the full flavor of this light cheesecake.
- Heart Cheesecakes by Renee Muller
Go for a wow-factor with these individual cheesecakes made with whipped and softened cream cheese, egg whites, and topped with fresh berries.
- Light and Decadent Chocolate Chip Cheesecake by Estee Kafra
Who says you can’t have your (cheese)cake and eat it, too? This light chocolate chip cheesecake is a flavor-packed recipe topped with generous dollops of whipped cream.
- Creamy Avocado Cheesecake by Rachel Kor
A full tray of cheesecake with hidden veggies? The kid table won’t be the wiser as they tuck into this creamy, sweet and zesty dessert.
- Tarte au Fromage (Crustless Polish Cheesecake) by Joan Nathan
Crustless cheesecake, also known as tarte au fromage, is indeed a tart that doesn’t take a master to perfect.
- Cold Brew Cheesecake by Melinda Strauss
The cold brew coffee trend is here to stay: for purists, this coffee cheesecake is truly inspired and sweetened with maple syrup and Misceo coffee liqueur.
GLUTEN FREE CHEESECAKE
Being gluten free doesn’t mean you can’t get in on this classic Shavuot staple! As you’ll see from the gluten-free recipes below, there are so many incredible options to choose from. And trust us when we say the non-gluten-free peeps won’t notice the difference.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cheesecake Buns by Melinda Strauss
If you have a muffin tin, almond flour, pure maple syrup and some farmers cheese, these gluten free cheesecake buns are perfect to bake ahead for a big day.
- Gluten Free Brownie-Bottom Cheesecake by Rorie Weisberg
Really excellent gluten free dessert recipes aren’t always easy to find, but this brownie-bottom cheesecake knocks it out of the park.
- Light and Fluffy Cheesecake by Brynie Greisman
Gluten free cakes and dairy desserts get an upgrade when you use quark cheese, light sour cream and yogurt… complete with a gluten free crust.
- Gluten Free Tiramisu Cheesecake by Victoria Dwek
Tiramisu cheesecake is a fan favorite, and this gluten free option is perfect for your guests with diet restrictions: gluten free ladyfingers and strong coffee feature in this simple recipe.
- Zebra Cheesecake from the Nitra Cookbook
Want a wow for your Shavuot dinner table? This dairy dessert recipe is a zebra striped cheesecake and, as a bonus, it has a gluten free crust.
- Pesach Cheesecake (Gluten Free) by Brynie Griesman
Gvina levana cheese, also known as quark cheese, adds a special flavor profile to this basic cheesecake recipe.
- Gluten Free Lime Cheesecake by Pamela Reiss
Start with a base of finely ground almonds and build a soft cream cheese cheesecake that is infused with plenty of tart and zesty lime.
DAIRY FREE CHEESECAKE
What, you thought cheesecake had to be dairy? Think again! These dairy-free versions are INSANE and taste incredibly close to the real thing. They are creamy and indulgent- just what you’d want in a cheesecake. In other words, these are delicious cheesecakes that just happen to be dairy free.
- Parve Cheesecake by Esther Ottensoser
Dairy free Shavuot recipes are a great way to include guests with diet restrictions, and this Pesach cheesecake is gluten free to boot!
- Cookies ‘n’ Cream Cheesecake (Instant Pot, Dairy Free, Vegan) by Nisha Vora
Looking for vegan cheesecake recipes? This cookies and cream one is made from delicious coconut cream and raw cashews for an unparalleled taste and texture.
- Parve Cheesecake Gems by Estee Kafra
One-bite cheesecakes are a tantalizing appetizer and the parve cheesecake gems here are also dairy-free and topped with a scrumptious cherry each.
- Parve Cheesecake Pops by Joy Devor
Get playful with a parve cheesecake pop recipe that is completely unique and creative: they are shaped like a scoop of ice cream and made with tofu cream cheese.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Victoria Dwek
Give your dairy free cheesecake recipe a chill-over: these parve strawberry cheesecake ice cream cups are single-serve and made from Tofutti cream cheese.
There are certain flavor profiles that just work perfectly together. Creamy smooth cheesecake filling and fresh fruit or citrus curd is one of those combos. So if you’re looking to serve a bright and fresh take on cheesecake this Shavuot, look no further than the insanely delicious recipes below.
- Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake with Brandy Glaze from the Nitra Cookbook
An elevated flavor profile makes these high-end Shavuot dessert treats a must-have: the cheesecake is topped with a brandy glaze and orange slices.
- Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake by Jocelyn Brubaker
Chocolate cheesecake and strawberry pie are fantastically paired in this fruity cheesecake recipe, made with an Oreo cookie crust.
- Shena’s Guava Ricotta Cheesecake by Shena Dominitz
Ricotta cheesecake has a velvety texture, and this one has a most unique, tropical topping in the form of guava paste and fresh cream.
- One-Bite White Chocolate Cheesecakes by Shaina Olmanson
Enjoy Shavuot or other family events, one bite at a time: these white chocolate cheesecakes can be easily baked ahead and topped with fresh fruit and a blueberry drizzle.
- Cheesecake Bar Recipe with Cranberry Swirl by Frosting & Fettuccine
Cheesecake bar recipes are easy to serve and make a great addition to a Shavuot dessert menu: these feature a tart cranberry swirl for an extra punch of flavor.
- Cherry Cheesecake with Chocolate by Frosting & Fettuccine
Cherry chocolate cheesecake is a traditional flavor pairing that will never disappoint: the rich chocolate cookie crust and smooth chocolate frosting cover a cherry-filled cheesecake.
- Peaches-and-Cream Cheesecake Roses by Chanie Apfelbaum
A rose cheesecake looks like a blossoming, petaled affair may seem almost too beautiful to eat: the peaches, cream and spices will change your mind about that.
- Apricot Amaretto Cheesecake by Estee Kafra
Sharp Tuscanini apricot jam, amaretto liqueur and almonds in this crust coalesce into a symphony of flavors and textures.
- Sub”Lime” Pistachio Cheesecake from the Dining In Cookbook
Few flavors are more recognizable than pistachio, and in this recipe the distinct nut takes the form of a crunch that tops a whipped cream cheesecake.
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake by Miriam Pascal
Want the richness of a cheesecake with the flavor of a pie? All it takes is one Granny Smith apple and some ground ginger to transform this cheesecake recipe.
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with Apple Crumble and Caramel by Victoria Dwek
Served as individual cheesecakes and eaten with a spoon, this low-fat cheesecake is topped with cinnamon, oats, brown sugar, and apples.
- Deluxe Cheesecake by Brynie Greisman
Serve a memorable cheesecake using shamenet metuka, or heavy cream, sour cream, gevina levana (quark cheese) and other simple ingredients to create a cheesecake masterpiece.
- Lemon Cheesecake with Floral Accents by Idy Swimmer
Floral cheesecakes go perfectly with a citrusy twist, and this one features lemon juice and zest as well as orange juice.
- Lemon Greek Yogurt Cheesecake by Sarah Faygie Berkowitz
Citrus cheesecake lightens what can be a heavy dessert, and this lemon cheesecake starts with the base, using lemon sandwich cookies in the crust and Greek lemon yogurt in the cake itself.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse by Victoria Dwek
Individually served mousse can be prepared in advance and may be the Shavuot dessert recipe you’ve been waiting for: keep it simple with this jello cheesecake version.
EXTRA DECADENT CHEESECAKE
For the chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, mocha and cookie dough lovers, these cheesecakes are for you! Almost every square inch of these cheesecakes contains an over-the-top bite of your favorite, rich flavors. You’re welcome.
- Rugelach Crust Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake by Melinda Strauss
Marzipan chocolate rugelach transforms a classic chocolate cheesecake recipe into something truly imaginative: try it out!
- Polka Dot Cheesecake by Rachel Kor
Want a beautiful cheesecake as a centerpiece to your Shavuot menu items? This is a fairly simple cheesecake recipe with chocolate polka dots.
- Caramel Coconut Cheesecake by Faigy Grossman
This cheesecake has caramel, coconut, and chocolate: start with crushed sandwich cookies and add a crisp topping of shredded coconut, caramel sauce, and chocolate drizzle.
- Praline Cheesecake by The Peppermill
Praline is a decadent, buttery, caramel flavor that is incorporated straight into the unwhipped cream cheese filling in this special recipe.
- Cheesecake – 3 Ways by Erin Grunstein
Want some cheesecake options? Try out a white chocolate raspberry pistachio cheesecake, chocolate hazelnut cheesecake or halva pecan cheesecake.
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake by The Peppermill
If you can’t get enough of the cinnamon, crisp carrots and sweetness of a carrot cake, try this carrot cake cheesecake recipe.
- Muddy Buddy Cheesecake by Melinda Strauss
Kids and adults love the peanut butter, chocolate, powdered sugar magic that is muddy buddies: get the cheesecake version here.
- Fudge Nut Cheesecake from the Dining In Cookbook
An elegant, molded cheesecake with luxe flavors? Elegant Shavuot, here you come: semisweet chocolate, brown sugar, walnuts, and more come together in this recipe.
- Turtle-Topped Vanilla Bean Cheesecake by Rivky Kleiman
Turtle cheesecake is a classic option, and this recipe is the real deal, as it includes real vanilla bean, heavy cream and halved pecans.
- Basic Caramel Cheesecake by Eliana Gothold
Caramel cheesecake is the best cheesecake recipe for someone with a stellar sweet tooth: use parve whipping cream and homemade or store-bought caramel.
- Rugelach Bread Pudding Cheesecake by Melinda Strauss
Bread pudding cheesecake may have never been on your radar: but it should be! This recipe starts with chocolate rugelach and uses the sumptuous texture of bread pudding for an amazing dish.
- Mini Ricotta + Parmesan Cheesecakes by MyNameisYeh
Mini cupcake cheesecakes are made with ricotta and parmesan for a tangy depth of flavor: top with fresh raspberry or blueberry jam for a tart finish.
- Macaroon Cheesecake by Dorit Teichman
Buy Gefen macaroons (or make your own) and follow this recipe for a coconut cheesecake that is simple but sure to become a family dessert staple.
- Amaretto Cheesecake Bites by Rivky Kleiman
Amaretto liqueur cheesecake bites are easy to pass around on a tray and deceptively simple to make: use this recipe to wow your guests
- Decorative Cheesecake Cones from the Nitra Cookbook
Fun and festive: the Heimishe kitchen introduces a truffle-filled, whipped cream cheesecake piped into a crunchy cone.
- Brown Sugar Cheesecake with Bourbon Sauce by Eileen Goltz
Brown sugar bourbon cheesecake is full of southern flavors, packed with pecans and dark brown sugar, and perfect any time of the year.
- Toffee Crunch Caramel Cheesecake by Rivky Kleiman
The crunchiest, gingersnap cheesecake crust is achieved with a blend of spices and Kedem tea biscuits, and that’s just the start of this toffee caramel confection.
- Butter Pecan Cheesecake by Rivky Kleiman
Extra sweet, this cheesecake recipe starts with a cookie crumb layer, followed by a butter pecan layer, a cheesecake layer with brown sugar, and topped with a butter pecan garnish.
- Cookie Dough Cheesecake with Caramel Crust by Chanie Nayman
A masterfully layered dessert, this cookie dough cheesecake has a secret twist: the caramel crust has a hint of cinnamon and is sweetened with brown sugar.
- Rice Crispie Cheesecake Brownies by Rivky Kleiman
Mocha brownies form the base of these rice krispie cheesecake desserts, which also have peanut butter, Gefen soy milk, Gefen cocoa, and hazelnut chocolate spread.
- Caramel Vanilla Cheesecake by Paula Shoyer
Sugary sweet and delightfully doable, this easy cheesecake recipe has fresh vanilla beans and is topped with a generous helping of caramel syrup.
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake Wedges by Renee Muller
Cheesecake popsicles? This is an elegant way to serve frozen cheesecake that can be eaten in-hand: guests will love the extra crunch and delicious chocolate coating.
For more cheesecake goodness:
Originally published May 2018. Updated April 2021.