1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with Gefen Parchment Paper.
2. Remove the string holding the chicken’s legs together and make sure that the bird is dry inside and out. Season the inside of the bird with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Place the garlic, thyme and onion inside the cavity of the chicken.
4. Remove the wishbone and bind the chicken with cotton twine. This is very important, since creating a compact shape for the chicken when it is raw enhances the cooking. The chicken will cook more evenly, taste moister and even look more attractive.
5. Rub a little bit of oil, salt and pepper all over the skin. This helps with the crisping.
6. Place the chicken on the prepared tray and roast for about 55–60 minutes, or until nicely browned. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it stand for 15–20 minutes. This resting period allows the chicken to finish cooking. It also lets the juice settle back into the meat before carving.