1. Roll out puff pastry to two rectangles, each 10 by 14 inches.
2. Spread with apricot jam, sprinkle lightly with matzo meal.
3. Combine ingredients for filling. Place half of filling in three inch-wide strips lengthwise along center of each dough.
4. With sharp knife, cut slits on both sides of dough, three inches deep, leaving one inch between strips.
5. Place strips at an angle across filling, alternating sides for braided effect. Be cautious that each strip is covered by the following strip so that dough stays in place while baking. Pinch ends to seal.
6. Repeat with second part of dough.
7. Brush with beaten egg. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40–50 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.