These are the easiest ever, moist and chewy, buttery blondies! Prepared in a pot, this recipe takes just minutes to whip together and results in that melt-in-your-mouth, caramel-flavored bar you’ve been waiting for.
Yields 20–24 blondies
Prepare the Blondies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Spray a nine- x 13-inch (20- x 30-centimeter) baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a heavy-bottomed pot, melt butter. Add sugars and mix well to combine. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring well, and then add remaining ingredients aside from the chips in the order listed. Mix batter well, then add in chips, stirring to combine.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30–40 minutes. (For a fudgier bar, bake 30 minutes; for a cakier bar, bake 40 minutes.)
Prepare the Topping
1. In the same pot, combine topping ingredients; stir well to form a smooth batter.
2. Pour evenly over blondies and sprinkle with additional chips, if desired.
3. Return blondies to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
To serve as dessert, drizzle with caramel cream piped through a plastic bag to add a touch of sophistication.
Food and Prop Styling by Goldie Stern Photography by Moshe Wulliger
Do these freeze well?