1. If using fresh cauliflower, blanch it in boiling water for 10 minutes. If using frozen cauliflower, no precooking is required.
2. Chop cauliflower with a sharp knife to form a crumbly mass. Alternately, put it in the food processor and process with short pulses to achieve a bulgur-like texture.
3. Add all vinaigrette ingredients, excluding olive oil, to a food processor and process until smooth. Add olive oil and gradually blend until incorporated.
4. Toss salad with vinaigrette. The salad can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
5. Combine cauliflower with scallions, cashews, cranberries, apricots, and parsley, if using.