1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rinse the apples. Using an apple corer, remove cores, leaving about half an inch to one inch of the bottom of the apple intact.
3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and margarine. Stuff apples with mixture and place in a baking dish.
4. Pour boiling water into the baking dish, around the apples, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until tender. Be careful not to overcook or the apples will get mushy and not hold their shape.
5. Scoop ice cream on top of baked apples and serve.
Plan ahead! Prepare the charoset on day one, the ice cream on day two, and the baked apples the day you want to serve them.
For baked apples, use Granny Smith, Fuji, Pink Lady, or Honeycrisp apples.