1. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onions, and sauté over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add the scallions and garlic, and continue sautéing for five minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté over medium heat, until everything is fragrant and mushrooms are beginning to wilt.
3. Add chicken strips and sauté until no longer pink, approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the salt, pepper, and spices and stir together three minutes more, until everything is evenly coated. (This can be done a day in advance.)
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
5. On a lightly floured piece of parchment paper, roll out one piece of pastry dough into a large rectangle. Smear the center area (the width of a slice) with a layer of roasted red pepper dip. Carefully pour half the chicken mixture onto this and smooth out. Fold over the two sides of dough and the ends to close. Carefully turn over and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the second piece of dough. Score the top of each loaf, marking off slices. Brush the tops with egg and sprinkle with everything spice.
6. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown.