Chilean Sea Bass with Chive Walnut Pesto and Lemon Artichoke Cream with Square French Fries
Parve 6 Servings
- Tree nuts
- Pescatarian - Gluten Free
The pungent flavor of the chives in this recipe is tempered by the mild sea bass, complementing each other perfectly. When developing this recipe, I wanted to offer the option of a pesto sauce recipe to all the home cooks who do not use fresh herbs on Passover. Chives are one of the few herbs that are available greenhouse grown for Passover and can be found in most kosher supermarkets.
If you are short on time, this recipe is spectacular with just the chive pesto. Steps two and three are optional enhancements. The chive pesto and the artichoke lemon cream both have
an enduring versatile appeal that is also delicious as a salad dressing, a savory side dish when tossed with roasted potatoes, or a dip. On Passover, our quest for culinary ingenuity is intensified—hence the square French fries as a garnish.
Prepare the Fish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rinse sea bass and pat dry. Place fillets in baking dish and season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
3. Bake uncovered until fish is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
For the Pesto Sauce
1. While the fish is cooking, prepare the pesto sauce. In the bowl of a food processor, combine chives, olive oil, salt, garlic, lemon juice, and walnuts. Process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
To Prepare the Lemon Artichoke Cream
1. Combine artichokes, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Optional: Toss with cooked diced potatoes and/or asparagus or broccoli.
To Prepare Square French Fries
1. Cut off all six rounded sides of the potato to square it up.
2. Cut into long, even strips. Dice to create squares.
3. Deep fry until golden and crispy.
1. Place artichoke lemon cream (with or without vegetables) in center of plate in a circular motion.
2. Place sea bass on top of artichoke cream. Top sea bass with a layer of chive pesto sauce.
3. Place square french-fried potatoes on top for garnish.