1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease muffin cups or line with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg. Add milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter and mix well to combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened, being careful not to overmix.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups, about one half to three-fourths of the way full. Bake for 20–25 minutes.
6. Allow muffins to cool for five minutes before removing from pan.
7. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar. In another small bowl, in the microwave, melt the five tablespoons of butter.
8. Dip the muffins into the butter, then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.