1. Preheat oven to 425–450 degrees Fahrenheit (220–230 degrees Celsius).
2. Place eggplant slices on a paper towel and liberally season with salt. Allow to rest for an hour. Dry the water droplets off the eggplant.
3. Meanwhile, mix sliced garlic with sesame oil and set aside.
4. Place ground meat in a bowl with soy sauce, honey, teriyaki sauce, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, sesame seeds, and scallions. Season with salt and pepper. Mix so that everything is evenly distributed.
5. Put a tablespoon of the meat mixture on the wide part of the eggplant and roll it up, placing it seam side down. Stick in a toothpick to hold the roll together.
6. When all the eggplant slices are filled, smear the tops of the rollups with the garlic/sesame oil mixture. Season with salt and sesame seeds.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, or until meat is cooked through and eggplant is charred. Remove from oven halfway through cooking time to drain accumulated liquid.